Òscar Alemán Milán
Vilassar de Dalt, Barcelona, in 1977.
El Pont de Suert, Catalan Pyrenees, since 2001.
High Mountain Guide IFMGA. Passionate about mountain sports, cartography and the physical geography of the Pyrenees. I have worked as a mountain guide in the Pyrenees and the Alps since 1997. Also, I am professor of the official training course of mountain guides since 2004. I have been part of the teaching team of the ETEVA, in Aran Valley, and of the INS of La Pobla de Segur. On the other hand, I also worked at the Antarctic Base Juan Carlos I of the CSIC from 2006 to 2008 performing support and security tasks in different scientific projects, on glaciology, permafrost, meteorology, climatology, limnology, cartography and telecommunications. In addition, during the summer of 2010 I collaborated in the measurement and placement of the main geodesic vertices of the most important peaks of the Pyrenees of Lérida within the framework of the Project 100 Summits of the then Cartographic Institute of Catalonia.
On the other hand, I am always super motivated to teach, but also, to learn. I have the great good fortune to have a great time in the mountains, both in very technical and difficult activities, as well as in recreational and family activities. My extensive training, experience and versatility, between the sporting aspect and the cultural and geographical aspect, allows me to make great ascents, environmental and cultural interpretation, study and drafting of trail projects, as well as lectures and conferences for general and specialized public.
Education, certifications and credentials
- IFMGA Mountain Guide
- AEGM Canyoning Guide
- Interpretive guide of the Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Murici National Park.
- FEEC Trails Technician.
- Professor of Security in Avalanches Terrain 1 ACNA.
- Tracker and mountaineering ski referee FEEC.
- Studying the Degree in Geography and Territory Planning. Autonomous University of Barcelona, UAB 2016-2021
- Professional First Aid Mountain Recycling – Basic Life Support and DESA. Spanish Association of Mountain Guides, AEGM – 061 Aragón 2018
- “Course Glaciers, Snow and Permafrost of mountain: the cryosphere like indicator of Changes in the climate”. Menéndez Pelayo International University, UIMP 2017.
- Course History, Sites and Heritage in Alta Ribagorça: The Monastery of Lavaix as a starting point for a story about the environment through the roads. University of Lleida, UDL 2017.
- “Geological Heritage Course, Geoparks and Geotourism”. Menéndez Pelayo International University, UIMP 2016.
- Course of Medicine and Mountain Rescue CEC, UEC, CEG and FEEC 1997.
- Sport Technician N1 Alpine Ski Ins Poba de Segur 2.010.